Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend round up

Thursday counts as the weekend too fyi.

Savannah and I went to the temple which was much needed. I totally forget that we can do walk-ins now. I want to go once a week. I guess I can try....

like the picture I took???? 
jk it's from the web. we never took a picture, bummer.

So guess what Friday was! March 20 was the 6th annual French macaron day! (just pretend like I live in New York, I actually looked up plane tickets because there were so many bakeries that were giving out fake macarons! I probably could've gotten hundreds! Especially if I had different disguises.)

I made macarons in honor of the holiday.

On Friday Savannah and I skipped schoooool!
jk we aren't really the rebel type. we shadowed some civil engineers.
I wore my super cute Ralph Lauren blazer and you can't even see it. So disappointed.

We shadowed Savannah's aunt and her boss, her boss had a super funny dog. It was so fat and did really weird things when it barked.

Here's a 2 second video of it for you haha


After school I went with Makenna dress shopping!
Did we end up buying a dress? No....
But we did try on these pretty dresses and take a picture AND THE PICTURE ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD! That is so rare. Usually one of us looks awful haha

made it super big because i like it. admire my beautiful tag.
We did get Sonic after so it was still a good day!!
What did I get? Guess.
Yep, a lemon berry cream slush.
I think I'm obsessed. Also I just like saying it. It just flows so beautifully.
lemon berry cream slush

makenna got her normal cherry slush which tastes like crap. but at least i know what to get her if i ever want to be really nice and actually buy the food.... she also gets this pretty picture posted because she deleted the one that we took and i was going to cry.

SATTUURDDDAAYYYY

Okay. Saturday tradition. RIVER MARKET!
Yes, I go a lot.

This time I brought new people! Savannah and Benny came! 
this picture was very dangerous because she decided to take it while I was going 70 on the free-way and I didn't realize till after that I didn't actually need to look since I had sunglasses on...oh well.


SAV TRIED MY FAVORITE LAMB/BEEF GYRO! 
I got one of those roll things with the coconut in them? I can't remember what they are called but it was at the asian market and they are sooooo good. And it was like $1. Asian markets are the best. Ignore the right side of my face. Obviously something tragic is happening to it.)


Tried the chicken empanada, it was "Brazilian pot-pie style...?". It was good but not worth the freaking $3.75 or whatever. Also Benny obviously doesn't know the rules of coming to the river market with me. Rule #3, you must get something different than me, or at least tell me what you are getting so I get something different because I like seeing everything and if you get the same thing as me then we aren't experiencing as many new things as possible! 



I came home with all of these... I didn't even eat any of them while I was there....
The gum was nastayyyy it was like a weird herbal flavored kind! The soda was SO cool just because of how you open it. Maybe I'll post a video next time because it was freaking awesome! I actually gave it to Kaelin though because I'm trying not to drink soda, so I had a sip. The strawberry flavor Benny bought was better than the mango one I bought. I'll probably try lychee next time because they were only like $1.50. The weird gummy stuff in the wrapper had pistachios in it and was $.50. Savannah bought a different one that was white and it was soooo much better, it was marshmallow-y and delicious!



Okay, so we first picked them up with gloves. Good idea right? Because I'm scared. I screamed multiple times that day and freaked out at the store while buying them....




But look!!! So brave now! My hand is on the right. I actually touched them. Kaelin definitely did it first though...if he hadn't have picked one up I probably wouldn't have...

Quick story: when I was dumping them into the pot of boiling water, one of the critters held on the the strainer and I didn't notice until after I was over by the sink. I freaked out and dropped it on the floor and screamed! Then Makenna and Savannah started screaming, and then we hear a fourth scream from my 7 year old brother in the front room hahahaha! All the while Benny picked the strainer up and started shaking it over the water and at one point dipped it in the water and splashed water all over the floor haha totally worth it. It was so funny.


Taking so long to boil.....Benny got impatient and went on a Sonic run! You da best. 


If anyone wants to buy us Sonic, get Sav an "Ocean Water", me a "Lemon Berry Cream Slush", and Kenna a "Cherry Slush" (capitalize them too because they are that important). I'm totally fine with a small though. Thanks Benny for buying us larges though!!!


Imma little sassy.


Picture of just Makenna because I found it and she wasn't in the last one for some reason. 
You're welcome.





Here's our mini crawfish boil. So cute and legit because it's on newspaper. We obviously need real New Orleans peeps to show us how it's done because we just threw in corn, beans, potatoes, salt and pepper, and the crawfish in water and hoped it would turn out okay.




Am I basic?Yes. I can't believe I actually took a selfie in the car. Wow......I'm disappointed in myself.

Sunday we went to 3 hours of church and then drove 40 minutes to a different ward in search for cute boyysssss. Did we find any? Yeah, but none of them talked to us/they were taken/yes. Their loss. We looked fabulous, not going to lie. I wore my red dress from Savers. Yep, it was cute though. Trust me. I'll probably be wearing it lots more.

Yeppppppppp.


No comments:

Post a Comment