Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Trick to Happiness


It's crazy how much has happened in a little less than a month. It seems as if it's still 2014. Without trying, I've changed a lot: I've become less naive, more compassionate to pain, realized who really cares for me, learned how to communicate better, learned how to break out of my comfort zone, discovered different ways of living, and mostly, learned about true happiness.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to develop and become more mature, but the experiences that helped me learn really sucked. Long story short, ending a relationship hurts, especially when you are doing it for the other person. Through all the pain, I realized my faults and how I might be able to improve myself-but that's all for another day. Sorry, I keep getting distracted, there's so much to tell...

I was so lost that I decided I should search the scriptures for guidance (something I should have been doing in the first place). I don't remember what or where I was reading, but I remember the feeling I received and it was that by being grateful I would realize how blessed I am and I would receive strength. 

There will always be struggles that I am going through, but I know that I can overcome my imperfections through my Savior Jesus Christ. I have been given so much, I need to do all I can to give back to God. I will do so by recognizing all he has done and using it to become better, and by serving my family, community, and friends because "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" Matthew 25:40.

One of the main reason I post these type of posts is to clear my head, which is why they aren't written perfectly and don't even make sense half the time. I'm not going to pretend like I'm perfect, but I know that through Christ I can be perfected in Him. 

All in all, true happiness comes through Christ and being grateful to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment