Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First 2 Weeks at the Y

I feel like when you say "the Y" that means Provo.

Oh well.

First week at the Y--the red one though!

Sorry it has taken so long to write this, but it's taken a little bit of time to adjust to a new place and new people and new classes and stuff.

all i'm going to say is that the first week felt like a month.

it just kept dragging on! sooo much stuff happened though (or i feel like i did anyways).

The Saturday before school started, we had a "Circle Island Tour" where we went to a few stops and circled the island lol. Some of the stops were actually so lame, but basically every freshman went and I didn't want to be the only student still on campus haha! I met a lot of people though, so that's good.

***Also I'm just going to add captions to pictures with people so you know who I'm talking about***

Jackie, London, Me, Lauren

Ben, London, Will, Lauren, Jackie, Me


On Monday school started. I will make a separate post about all my classes. Some of them I could go on and on about.

Between and after all those classes.....we seem to end up at beach pretty much every single day haha! It's not even worth trying not to go every day. I originally said I wasn't going to go all the time and study more, but so far I have done a good job and studying and partying lol

Front is Austin (from Oregon, there are 2) and Lauren 

Closest is Temple beach and that one is filled with coral so it hurts a lot! Then a little north is Hukilau which is a really fun nice beach! Then like Turtle Bay, Shark's Cove, and Waimea (there are beaches in-between, but those are the super cool ones). To the South is Laie Point (freaking scary cliff diving because you can't see the bottom and you can get thrown into the rocks by the waves...), and then Pounders.

The above picture is of the remains of the dock. 

THOSE POLES ARE SO HARD TO GET ONTO!

London and I were the last to get on (no upper body strength at all haha), and it took us tons of tries, and my arms and legs were so cut up by the end....not worth it haha. Also there weren't any pictures of my on it except this one of me holding on for my life desperately haha! Once I got on I just stung everywhere. That is one really sucky thing about salt water. You will sting.

Somewhere in the middle of this first week I GOT SICK. I know of one guy who came sick and got everyone sick and then another who brought over some European sickness. Anyways, I had it for two freaking weeks. Anddd basically the whole rest of the school has had it by now! It was kinda cool how fast it spread, not going to lie haha.


I feel like everyone must have an Acai bowl in their life. They are just too dang good. I can't wait to come home to my blender and make more smoothie bowls haha. Acai bowls are expensive here though. As in almost $9 for that sucker--I was rewarding myself for making it through the first week of school haha.

 Another one of the best things about Hawaii: HIKING!

I was going to go to Utah and do all my hiking--Hawaii is much more interesting. I never even complained! Haha that's like a huge deal. It was so interesting the whole way up though! As in, it was  kinda raining and we knew we probably shouldn't go up a steep mountain in the rain but we did anyways and it ended up being a slip-n-slide on the way down but so fun! And there were other people hiking, so we weren't the only stupid ones. There are so many other hikes to do still though!

That's why I joined OUTDOOR ADVENTURES club!

I'm so pumped !!!

I joined 4 clubs:

outdoor adventures - hiking every weekend. You can come to ones you want and then don't go to others! We also have a service project to Sacred Falls aka illegal hike but it's service so we can go! We have some smart presidency.

dive club - a dive every week! And guess how much for?? Only $40! Yes, still really expensive, but typically dives are $150. (This is scuba diving btw, not like dive board diving haha)

sidernation - our school spirit club! This is the last year of sports at BYUH. It's honestly so sad, but we are making the most of it and going to as many events as we can! Also, we know lots of people on the soccer, cross country, softball, tennis, and basketball teams. It's amazing how quickly you meet people here honestly!

filipino club - i really need to learn more culture. When I walked into "World Fest" (where they have displays for all the clubs) every single club tried to get me to join because no one can tell what I am! Haha it's really funny. But anyways, apparently it is the largest club here! There are so many Filipino's and they are so kind and proud of the culture. So I'm going to Tagalog and culture lessons on Sunday! Hoping to learn at least a little Tagalog before I go to the Philippines.


Will, Alyse, Me

FIRST TIME HITCH HIKING = SUCCESS !!!

We had a Freshman dance which I slept through (and apparently sucked so it's okay), and then a PCC dance which I think I also slept through....so this dance was the first I went to. It was a school-wide dance, but the school is so small it was awesome! I was super sick though, so I had no voice...

Me, Brittany, Lauren, Austen, Julienne, Jackie, London, JT, Ben in front, Reed in back. Don't worry we have more guy friends, this was just the "girl picture"

One of the nicest things in the whole world is that the temple is like a 15 minute walk! I've gone twice so far. Once with friends, and once by myself. My goal is to go at least once with friends a week, and then by myself whenever I need more help.



Me, Will, Lauren, Trevor, London, Reed
If you thought I wasn't going to gain the Freshman 15, think again lol:




I stopped taking pictures to make myself feel better haha. But now all my friends (mostly Scott) blame me for getting them hooked on ice cream. Some days we have gone 5-6 times..... most is just 2 or 3 though haha *cries*

This past Friday, we went to Waimea with some friends:

Back row: Scott, David, Brendan, Kendall, Jace, random guy, Jackson
Middle row: Me, Lauren, Julienne, Jackie
Bottom row: Eve, can't remember next three oops.
 We jumped the rock, and then went to the lower ones and did tons of flips (as in just me because everyone else is a baby). But then I took my front flip to the high one and that was a sucky idea. The next day we went again, but this time there were like 150 students from BYUH there! It was awesome! We played beach volleyball, football, and frisbee.

In between everything, there is hours spent watching movies, studying (don't worry), and hanging out in the Aloha Center haha

So we went back to Pounders because this time, someone built a trampoline on top of the poles! Haha it was awesome! So sketchy but awesome! Still waiting to get additional pictures though...all of our cameras died....so we had a random guy take our pictures haha (this isn't us, there were more people in our group).




No comments:

Post a Comment