Saturday, October 3, 2015

Kansas City CURLING Club

Wait there's a curling club in Kansas City??????

Heck yeah there is.


http://www.kccurling.com/

I honestly have no idea how I thought of going here....I know I had hear my Young Women leader mention it, so I think that's what peaked my interest.

Not going to lie, it's kind of surprising that Kansas City has a curling club! And not only that, but there are two others in Missouri.



When we first got there, we watched three different videos about how to curl, where it came from, and tips to get better.



I don't even know how to begin to explain it!
It was a lot harder than I had anticipated.
I never really watch curling in the olympics, and I thought they wore skates while they curled!
....they don't.
They do have special shoes that you can buy though!

So basically, there are a lot of rules I don't know, but there are 4 players. They all take turns pushing like 2 stones each? (lol i don't know hahahah) One is called a skip? Played a lot like shuffle board.

Obviously I need to get more lessons or something.
I learned it was a lot more strategic though, and was actually a little challenging!
I would totally go back again!
The old man teaching me actually wanted me to join a league hahaha




^^you can see the pebbled ice that makes it easier to push farther^^



No comments:

Post a Comment