Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cali Pt. 3

I was originally planning on going up to San Fransisco again, but after the day before, I was so tired. Now I really wish I had just done it, because I never really spent any time in East San Fransisco. Instead I slept in a long long time. It felt amazing. I've never slept more than this trip. I think I was just lacking sleep, so it was good to catch up on all my sleep and not have to go to work for a long time.

I did go to the Great Mall eventually though haha. I had to take the VTA or light rail, and that was nice because it was a really new train they just put in. There was this super super cool dress store there. Literally everything was from China lol, and the prices were raised so high! It was fun trying stuff on though. I really wanted to buy this blue dress in red for prom but my mom said no );

I just liked looking at all the unique designs.

I ended up buying this outfit from Old Navy though:

Old Navy is my favorite store in the whole world.

There was also a Jollibee there which was so cool to see! Apparently it is a Filipino fast food restaurant equivalent to McDonalds. I learned that spaghetti and fried chicken are really big in the Philippines. I got in the line and holy cow, so intimidating. I was like a full foot taller than all of them--and I'm maybe 5' 4"! It was so funny! It reminds me of my Lolo (tagalog for grandpa) who is like 5 inches shorter than me. I quickly got intimidated because they were all talking really really fast and I didn't want to be that person who they think speaks tagalog and doesn't haha because that happens a lot. Especially with Spanish; apparently I look Mexican too. Look at the menu though! So cool: http://www.jollibee.com.ph/menu/burger/

I thought I had spent like hours and hours at the mall but it turned out only being like 2! I don't know how people shop for a long time. I get so tired so quickly. I don't know if I just lose interest quickly or I realize that I can't afford most stuff so I quickly move on or what but I just can't last that long. Unfortunately that meant that I didn't have a ride back to the hotel because my dad didn't get off work till 6 and it was like a 45 minute drive. So I took the light rail back to the closest stop and walked back to the hotel for like 40 minutes lol

That night we had sushi, and it was the best shrimp tempura I've ever had! Shrimp tempura is by far my favorite which makes me feel kind of fake because it is fully cooked...but since getting this sushi no other shrimp tempura tastes nearly as good.... They covered the whole roll with the crunch stuff and drizzled a sweet sauce over it all. Oh. My. Goodness. So good. I also tried my dad's spicy salmon roll, and that is definitely now my number 2 favorite. I really like raw salmon though, so it wasn't hard to be my second favorite because its' flavor is so much better than just regular salmon!

The next day we left for KC and I slept in all day again lol I'm so boring. We had more sushi at the airport and it was still really good. Dang I love coast sushi. And I can't wait till the next time I go back! I really want to got to LA and Yosemite, because I don't think I have been to either of those places and I want to hike to the Hollywood sign and see Red Wood trees and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment