Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Today I taught the lesson in Young Women's on Easter. 

...It did not work out how I wanted it to, to say the least. I don't know why, but I actually really do like teaching lessons. I feel like I have a lot to share and talking about Christ's life and the gospel truly makes me happy. I was really tempted to type out my whole lesson but more eloquently than how it went in church today, but what is really most important is why we have Easter.

Easter is another holiday that seems over commercialized. Is it really about the easter egg hunts and the baskets of candy or the special dinner? Or is it the fact that the son of God came down to Earth and suffered persecution, ridicule, nails through his hands and feet, a spear wound to his side, a crown of thorns placed on his head, and most importantly, felt each and every one of our trials. He bore all of our burdens and willingly submitted himself to be crucified so that he could fulfill his mission. And because he did, we can now be resurrected eventually too. And we will gain perfected bodies and minds. And we will be able to live with our families together forever. I am so thankful for the amount of love he has for me. I know he is my Savior and Redeemer and that I would be nothing without his mercy and grace.

This video is still my favorite video; the combination of the music and images touches me very deeply and I receive goosebumps every time:


No comments:

Post a Comment