Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thanksgiving Break

Well Thanksgiving was last week, but I've been so busy(lazy) that I'm just now getting to writing this post. I probably should be studying and doing homework, but I just can't do anymore. I just can't. Not right now.

Thursday/Thanksgiving:

Not going to lie, it did not feel like Thanksgiving at all. I still can't believe Fall is pretty much over! It never even transitioned to Fall here! I also just realized that I won't be experience Fall for three years.... that's crazy to think about. 

Anyways, I went to my ward's Thanksgiving lunch that they provided us. It was actual American Thanksgiving food! Haha I didn't know what to expect! But it was really good and it was super nice of our bishopric to provide it all...they seriously do so much and it is amazing to me because it's not like BYU Provo. I feel like a lot of the bishops there are crazy rich and kinda older, but here, Hawaii is so expensive and all of them are young and have young kids, so it's a huge sacrifice for them to be our bishops.

For dinner I'm pretty sure I ate a whole bag of Doritos and a whole bag of chocolate....so there's that.

Friday:

I wanted to find the secret sunflower fields SO BAD. So Sammy and I dressed up cute and went to go find them. We took the bus to the end of the line and started walking.....and then it started raining....and we never found the fields. SO DISAPPOINTING. By this point we were pretty upset and hangry and I was stressed out because we had to be back by a certain time. We ended up standing at the bus stop for like 20 minutes and it never came! So we hitch hiked with another girl who was standing there with us.


We hopped off at Matsumoto's to get their famous shave ice. We both got larges. Because we needed a mood lift.


AND IT WORKED

After we were both super happy in great moods again! 

Lol note to boys: if I'm ever in a bad mood, FEED ME


We got back in time! AND we only had to pay for the bus one way. It was pretty great.

Once we got back we piled into the car (really though, there were way too many people in the car...but then again I don't think I've gone anywhere without squishing in the backseat) and drove like 2.5 hours to the opposite side to camp.

We made a campfire (illegal), and played too loud music (stupid), and slept on the beach (also illegal). I mean you're only young once right?

We tried cooking--epic fail, and then talked for a long time, and then went to bed at like 2:30.

Me, being stupid and not learning from my mistakes, only brought one sheet to sleep with LOL.

I just didn't want to worry about bringing stuff and I was lazy and I didn't want to do laundry...

I strategically slept by a friend who had like 5 blankets though haha. It was great! I was so warm! He ended up telling me in the morning that he was freezing all night....oops.



Does it get much better than this???



Oh yes it does get better.

Because we got to SWIM WITH DOLPHINS.

This wasn't even on my bucket list, swimming with sharks was, but this was probably way better! Because we didn't have to worry about them biting us, and they WANTED to swim with us! They kept showing off--they were spinner dolphins, so they kept jumping out of the water and spinning and it was adorable. So that concluded a perfect Thanksgiving weekend. 

(well actually we got McDonalds after and that was a close second since we were starving lol)





No comments:

Post a Comment